Operation Give Back is a 501(c)3 non-profit, tax exempt organization. At Operation Give Back, our mission is to strive for educational equity and provide community outreach to students and families in need, inspiring all to realize their full potential and GIVE BACK to society.
Our goal is for every student to have the opportunity to mature into their best selves educationally, emotionally, spiritually, socially, and professionally.
The specific objectives and purpose of this organization shall be:
- To provide educational instruction and support.
- To provide an environment of spiritual health.
- To provide support in emotional development of children.
- To provide support in the social development of children.
- To provide support to the families and communities of the children we serve, in order to enrich the holistic development of the child.
OGB’s signature program is its After-School Tutoring and Mentoring Program. We work closely with the Sycamore Community Schools to identify students in 1st – 8th grades who would benefit from academic support or assistance with other skills. We enroll approximately 45 students per year, each of whom are transported by Sycamore District Buses for 2½ hours of after-school tutoring, three days per week. We have a cheerful 6,000 sq. ft. “home”, which offers plenty of space for our volunteer tutors to engage with our OGB students, offering them the support needed to reach academic success. The progress of our students can be seen in improved grades, enhanced self-confidence, and the demonstration of life skills that they can take onto higher education and into the working world.