Summer Squash & White Bean Sauté
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion Sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Zucchini, halved lengthwise & sliced
- 1 Yellow Squash, halved lengthwise & sliced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Oregano (or 1 tsp dried), chopped
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 can Cannellini or Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Red-Wine Vinegar
- ⅓ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Heat oil in Large Skillet over Medium Heat. Add Onion & Garlic and cook, stirring, about 3 min (until just beginning to soften).
Add Zucchini, Squash, Oregano, Salt, & Pepper and stir to combine. Reduce heat to Low, cover, and cook, stirring once, until veggies are tender-crisp (3-5 min).
Stir in Beans, Tomatoes, Vinegar. Increase heat to Medium and cook, stirring, until heated through (about 2 min). Remove from heat and stir in Cheese.
Adapted from an Eating Well Recipe From 2008